Importance of Case Studies
The importance of case studies is crucial within marketing solely because they are the social proof needed by your followers to invest in you. The case study provides context to your claims and can help your audience to determine if their investment in your company is credible. This crucial part of your marketing will help to sell your services by persuading your readers that your process, service, and product is the answer to their problems.
How do you integrate case studies into your marketing strategies? Perhaps you decide to demonstrate your services’ impact using content experience. This is where your crucial case study comes in. Case studies in marketing help drive home the benefits of your products and services through conversation.
Benefits of Marketing Case Studies
- Representation of honest reviews of your existing customers
- Gather data over time and outline how your product has helped
- Continuous analysis
- Secure new leads
- Information can help you set new crucial business goals
- Discover your brand evangelists
- Peer–to–peer influence
- Reusable marketing material
- Completely original content
Having reviews and testimonials only tell half of your story. If you have evidence-based studies which detail the customers, you helped and how. This will be a highly effective marketing tool for your business.
While there’s no rule in terms of the format for case studies in marketing, The Little Marketing Company believe it should incorporate the following key questions
- How did you first hear about us?
- What challenges or problems required a change?
- What were you looking for in a solution?
- What made us stand out over others that you researched?
- What features of our services did you find most appealing?
- How did you implement/introduce our solution?
- How did we help with implementing the solution to your problem?
- What was your initial reaction to our services?
- How has our solution helped since implementing?
- Has our services and advice saved money or increased productivity?
- Share any metrics/KPIs that show the success you have achieved with our service?
- What have you been most impressed with?
- What plans do you have to use our solution in the future?
Case Study Tip
Remember you want to stand out amongst the crowd – think of an innovative way of creating your case study that attracts customers – remember to remain true to your business values and not give a false first impression. Of course, you want your customers to know you can get the job done, but you want to keep your business authenticity too.
Why not join our ‘Master Your Marketing Membership site and receive tools, templates and techniques to support you with your marketing? This includes a template to help you write customer case studies.